Benefits to the NHS and Healthcare Sector
During 2021, TBT in association with Royal Papworth Hospital designed, manufactured, supplied and laundered PPE surgical gowns with a view to:
- Reducing cost
- Reducing carbon footprint
- Ensuring the supply of this essential protection
The stringent design and manufacture process focused on four key outcomes:
- Sustained the water repellent performance
- Reusable garment with a shelf life of 2 years
- NHS-approved fabric
- Comfortable and designed to NHS standards
It is essential within the medical healthcare sector that gowns are processed correctly to give staff continuous and robust protection. We provide this through our tailored laundry service that ensures:
- All reusable gowns are washed to NHS standard at 65 degrees with our PPE detergent accurately measured to the correct dose. Wash after wash, the gowns sustain their water repellent performance.
- Any alterations/repairs that need to be done before returning the reusable gowns are checked and monitored giving peace of mind to the staff our gowns won’t lose a tie or tear whilst wearing.
- Each delivery that goes into the healthcare environment is checked and placed in packs for easy to distribution within the hospital.
For more information about how TBT can help you save money and reduce your carbon footprint, please contact us.